This course will provide Aviation Safety Inspectors (ASIs) with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to conduct oversight for competency-based training and assessment programmes in accordance with ICAO Annex 1, Doc 9868, Doc 9841 and Doc 9379.
Upon successful completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Conduct formal application phase on proposed CBTA programme
- Review proposed CBTA programme documentation
- Approve proposed CBTA programme
- Set up a surveillance programme for approved CBTA programme
Primary Target Population
- Aviation Safety Inspectors
Secondary Target Population
- Personnel of training organizations such as instructors, validators and curriculum developers who need the training to develop CBTA programmes, in addition to Technical Managers in CAAs.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Aviation Safety Inspector (PEL, OPS, AIR, ANS or AGA)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in training in aviation for personnel from training organizations